Just for the Love of it

Love, Faith, Laughter, Friendship, Understanding, Inspiration, Kindness, Gratitude, Smiles and so much more, that's what it's all about!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sweater Weather

Boy, has it been cold in the New England area of the United States. Negative degrees in the early morning and nights. Most days we are just reaching 12-18F, not too much snow on the ground but we do have some and ice. My husband went off the road the other day, just due to black ice and negative degrees. Not to mention it's so early when he leaves the house they hadn't even sanded the roads yet.
He was fine, by the way, just an inconvenience and a scare when I saw him back at home again, without the car. Oh, forgot to say it happened just half a mile from home and it was in a ditch. We had to call Triple A to get towed out. But all is well and we are thankful it wasn't worse.

 So due to all this icy cold weather I get to wear all my warmest sweaters and have been knitting them too. Great to have yarn as a hobby with winters like this one. I finished (almost 8 year old) Abby's cardigan and am very pleased. Here's a finished photo.

                                                                     Abby's Sweater

Pattern: Heirloom Stitches, exclusively distributed by: deep south fibers   "Ragman"
This was a really fun pattern to knit up, very easy and a very classic design.

Made with size 10 1/2 knitting needles and 10 1/2 double tipped needles, Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash, 100% superwash merino wool
This is a size 10,  6-1 inch Buttons

                                                     Nannie's label, love to put labels on
                           Actually this is the truer color, lighting in the winter is never the best



Then I made this 18-24 month same pattern for a future baby. Planning ahead. It's just such a great pattern and baby sweaters knit up so quickly. The yarn is the same Cascade Yarns 128 superwash chunky.

                                     I added a crocheted border to make it more a baby girl cardi
                                                                            (picot stitch)


I think I'm going to make a sweater for myself next, if I don't get sidetracked with other projects. I can dream!!!






We all need flowers to brighten up our long winter days. Tulips have appeared at my local food shop so they hopped in my cart :  )


        My amaryllis is coming along and my Hyacinth also but it has been extremely slow..........
I've been trying to be patient, really I have........................


                                                                      Shear ICE


                              Forgot to mention there were two cars off the road, not just hb's
                                          (he would be happy I mentioned that detail, hahaha)



Well, "Me Ladies" I guess that's all for now. Do take care, enjoy your day, thank you for visiting and as always thank you for your sweet and cheery comments. They mean so much to bloggers, Right?!

xoRobin

9 comments:

  1. Gosh Robin those roads look treacherous, I'm so glad your Hb is OK. We just continue to have rain and more rain here....it's endless this winter. Your knitting is beautiful and that baby jumper is so cute with the pink border. Keep warm and keep knitting. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Robin! I'm so glad your husband's accident wasn't far from home and that you got help. We've had a very sunny cold winter so far.. only a dusting of snow in Dec. Thanks so much for keeping Dayle in your good thoughts. I adore your sweaters.. I may have to knit one some day. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there dear Robin, I'm so glad your husband is ok, never fun when this kind of things happened. Love your sweaters, your are such a great knitter. I think you deserve a sweater for yourself . Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness your Hb was ok Robin, those roads do look bad!!
    Your knitting is beautiful, Abby will love her cosy cardigan, I love your little label, cute buttons too. The little baby cardigan is very sweet.
    Nothing like tulips to remind us all that spring is on the way!!
    Keep warm Robin,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're all snuggled up indoors and not venturing out until the winter has gone! Very similar conditions in PA where my mom lives. Take care! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your hubby is okay. Ohio has been bitterly cold as well and we have a good bit of snow left on the ground. This weather has me wishing for spring! I want to sit in the sunshine and dig in the dirt and plant things :)

    Those knitted cardigans are beautiful! I cannot knit for the life of me. I'm very fumbley when it comes to knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your hb was ok, those roads do look dangerous! There is nothing so cosy as hand knitted sweaters in chilly wintry conditions, and yours are so sweet! Love the little labels and the cute buttons. Lovely tulips too, to bring a bit of spring to these snowy days :) Take care and keep cosy, dear Robin.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness your husband is okay, that must have been scary. Love your sweaters, they are adorable. And yes you should be making on for yourself next, you deserve it. Hugs to you M' Lady!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Robin,

    I am so happy to hear your Hb is all good, those icy roads are just the worst. I wish spring gets to you and soon soon!
    Your knits are so beautiful, and those Nannie-labels are just a cherry on top... Beautiful!

    Have a lovely February and happy weekend soon, dear friend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete