Just for the Love of it

Love, Faith, Laughter, Friendship, Understanding, Inspiration, Kindness, Gratitude, Smiles and so much more, that's what it's all about!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Show and Tell or Ta-Daaaah!!!!

Ladies Hello! So nice to post today. I have quite a few things to show today. It was a very busy weekend, to tie all loose ends together. Babies born, gifts bought, handmade's done, cards bought, packages wrapped! It really paid off to have some baby gifts made in advance for special people. I always love to give handmade gifts but sometimes time does not allow, so I started this year with making and saving gifts for just the right occasion and person. It is WORKING! First I was able to use my yellow baby hat, remember this:


I add some store bought baby clothes and it is ready




Next baby born was a girl and I had made a crocheted baby afghan and it was perfect for this family friend and 1st baby!


Added a few store bought baby cuties and ready to mail



Then I finished Little A's vest sweater, blocked it, sewed on nannie's label and it's ready too.
I do love it, but it is very boxy. I think it will be very comfy but I was hoping it would be more tapered. Oh, well!



Now do you remember my tea cosy, and I didn't know what to do with it as far as buttons, flowers, do dads or what!!!

Well, I finally decided what I would do. Thank you for your comments, it was helpful but in the end I decided to do with what had attracted me to the tea cosy in the first place.................soooooooooooooo...........................here           goes........................................................................          






A button close up


I think I'm happy with it......do love the buttons and they were fun to pick out and arrange!


Well, this is getting lengthy but I wanted to show you a touch of Spring and I do mean a TOUCH.
It's a beginning and all things start that way so here is Vermont warming up and melting.





Last but not least, this is something I found as I was walking around the yard taking pictures of the above. All winter long I thought this was a tree staring to die or another tree fell on it or the bark was just peeling........but no look what really happened!



The work of a WOODPECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The damage of a WOODPECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT"S a lot of work and destruction, thank goodness it wasn't our house!!!! Always have to look on the bright side.



Well, My lovely friend, bloggers, and newcomers. Thank you thank you so much for stopping in and visiting. I enjoy you all and hope everyone has a fabulous day and week. Will visit you all and hopefully post again this week to show my next work in progress.

xoRobin❤

12 comments:

  1. I made some of those hats a while back. They're so much fun to do! What lovely gifts you've sent :o)The tea-cozy looks super-duper Robin you must be pleased.
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Robin what beautiful gifts you have make, what lucky recipients. I know just what you mean about having a little stash...so useful. The tea cosy is fab...enjoy your special cuppas! I am so glad to see spring is arriving with you now...bliss!
    Have a creative week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet little baby clothes, so gorgeous!!
    I love what you have done with the tea cosy, it looks great. :)
    So glad spring has reached you in Vermont!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous finishes and gifts and that teapot!!! Amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most lovely baby-gifts! Just wonderful! And the tea-cozy turned out perfectly, it'll cheer your mornings up for a long, long time!

    Have a wonderful, sunny and springly week, Robin!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you afghan blanket!! and the tea cosy. You can never ever have enough tea cosy's! Glad your enjoying spring, =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, you are wonderful and amazing! I am so impressed with you doing gifts ahead of time.. I must follow your example! Your things are beautiful!

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comment about my socks. I'd be happy to help you if need any help just PM me on Rav.
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the buttoned tea cosy! It's really gorgeous and your choice of buttons is fantastic! I love all your makes, and getting a baby gift ready early - why didn't I think of that?! (I will do from now on.) We saw a woodpecker last week on hol, and have sometimes seen them in our garden here - I didn't realise what damage they do, drilling away there!! Have a lovely spring-y week, wishing you lots of sunshine.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robin, Okay where are you getting sll of this time because I need some.... your baby items are just wonderful, the vest is gorgous and I love that you stood by what you wanted and made the tea cozy just right for you. It ended up looking g reat and I love the buttons you picked out.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your presents are a great looking things!!! I think that's not the way to say it... well, they are all great! I'm sure the receivers would be very very happy!!!
    :)
    Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots and lots of babies I guess. How exciting! I love that sweet afghan. I will be an auntie again in a few weeks. So excited to meet this little one. My mom and I have been working on something special for this little one. Oh... and your cozy turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing all this handmade goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete