Just for the Love of it

Love, Faith, Laughter, Friendship, Understanding, Inspiration, Kindness, Gratitude, Smiles and so much more, that's what it's all about!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Nothing like Old Friends

My best and dearest girlfriend and her husband came to visit us in Vermont. I can honestly say they are the sweetest people I know and it is an honor to have them as my closest and most treasured friends family. Patty and I just pick up our conversations from where we left off from last time, even if its been awhile. We have always had a special friendship, We were college roommates and just hit it off from the start. We were lucky! It started in 1972 and 40 years later we have shared laughter, tears, births, deaths, marriage, divorce, but mostly giggles and life stories. What a gift, I feel so blessed. You don't need a lot of friends if you are fortunate to have "old friends" because they are the best!

Look at us shopping!

                                             Forgot to mention, we both love to shop!




Can anyone guess where we are shopping?

















This is King Arthur Flour shop. For those who don't know King Arthur it is flour, very popular in the states. It is a milled 100% USA Wheat. It was founded in 1790 and is the oldest flour business.






I have a bread maker so I will be making bread now, as the weather has really taken a turn and it is COLD! Jack just had to make an appearance...

We had such fun shopping and many other activities too. They are now off to continue their vacation. I miss them already, but we will pick up our chatting, right where we left off, next visit!!!



I had another visitor last weekend, one of my daughters. I just want to show the little craft we made up. It was so much fun and has endless possibilites!

Here take a look




These are Christmas tree ornaments for my daughters' first Christmas tree with her boyfriend. Her condo address is "9". She made the bottom one and I made the "9" ornament for her. So you can see the sky's the limit with the details, numbers, fabrics and accessories. Hope to make ornaments for all the kids before the holidays.


Thanks for visiting my friends. I want to say an extra hello and thanks to all my new followers. Thank you all for reading my blog and leaving all your fantastic comments. I enjoy them all and look forward to reading them.

Happy weekend to you all, xoRobin❤

8 comments:

  1. Hi Robin. How wonderful to have friends like that. We are blessed in that regard too.
    I love King Arthur's Flour. I always use it in my bread machine. In fact, I made English Muffin bread today!!!
    Love the ornaments!! Love them!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin.. my friend Shirley is like that.. she's a treasure. I can't imagine if I didn't have her in my life. We have King Arthurs flour too - but I don't have a bread machine. Dayle was into baking for a while after he retired, but it wore off.. :-) I adore the ornaments, you're such a good mom! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time you had with your dear friend and her hubby Robin. It looks like you bought up the store. Those tree ornaments are so very sweet and I love the number 9 you added to personalise it for your daughter's flat. She wll treasure it always. Have a great weekend, keep warm.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old friends definitely are the best Robin, looks like you had a wonderful time together. By the look of those trolleys you both certainly do like shopping! ;)
    I love your little tree ornaments, very cute and as you say so many more ideas to come from them.
    Happy weekend Robin,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin, I have a friend I have known for almost 40 years and like you we have been through so much together.We may not see each other for months but when we do its as if we have never been apart.
    I am loving your gorgeous tree ornaments, I really should make more of an effort to do more sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old friends are to be treasured, it's so true! You both look very happy to be spending some lovely times together. I love your sweet ornaments, Robin. Lovely fabrics! (And I loved your sweet comment about us trading fabrics if we were nearer....that would be fun to do wouldn't it?).
    Wishing you a happy sunny weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, so glad you had fun with your dear friend. I bet she is as thrilled to have you in her life as you are to have her. Very cute ornaments.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet Robin,

    I am so happy to see you here with your dearest friend, you just seem to be glowing with happiness there! And some shopping you have :)

    How sweet houses you've made, those tree-ornaments will be treasured for years...I love them!

    Have a wonderful new week soon, dear friend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete